A birth doula assists the birthing family with informational, emotional, and labor support. Hiring a doula is proven to be connected with a more positive birth outcome, and to reduce unnecessary medical intervention. Doulas provide support at both home and hospital births. Birth doula contract includes:
- two prenatal visits (one office and one in-home);
- 24/7 on call support leading up to the birth (begins two weeks prior to due date);
- one in-home postpartum visit;
- professional referrals and resources;
- access to parenting support groups and community;
- discount on Craniosacral Therapy and Integrative Psychotherapy sessions throughout duration of contract;
- unlimited email, text, and phone support throughout duration of contract.
"I had the pleasure of being referred to Shaina by my nurse midwife around week 20 of my second pregnancy. After the brith of my first child, I felt many mixed feelings; I had a challenging first pregnancy and delivery as well as postpartum complications. During my second pregnancy, I was feeling a sense of fear, as well as feeling overwhelmed and burdened. Working with Shaina helped me to step fully into my pregnancy, my womanhood and to take ownership of my experience. This deep work allowed for the birth of my second child to be intensely transformative and empowering."
Birth doula contract, $825. Lamoille, Chittenden, Washington counties. Insurance not accepted.