"I struggled postpartum finding time to take care of myself and adjust to new motherhood. Shaina helped me center myself and learn how to find balance. She has a great skill for instilling confidence and listening with an open mind to your concerns. She was a professional as well as warm, I highly recommend her."
A postpartum doula provides in-home emotional and informational support. It's common for new parents to feel alone, overwhelmed or isolated once postpartum. Hiring a doula is one effective way to ease the transition into parenthood and enable mother and newborn to nurture and bond. It is truly an invaluable service. Postpartum doula includes:
- Emotional and conversational support;
- Information on infancy, parenting, breastfeeding and feeding;
- Light household chores and grocery shopping;
- Food prep and cooking;
- Professional referrals and resources;
- Parenting resources and community;
- Discounted Craniosacral Therapy and Mind-Body Psychotherapy sessions (in-home sessions available) throughout duration of contract.
Postpartum doula contract, $30/hour with 2 hour minimum per day in Richmond/Bolton/Huntington area, 3 hour minimum anywhere else. Contracts available from 4 weeks up to 3 months. Contract renewals available on a case-by-case basis.